Sunday, May 18, 2008

Winna-Winna-Winna vs. Debbi Downer

Kayla decided she wanted to run a low key race and push Susie in the jogger for it. So she found a little fun-run 5K in Idaho Falls that we went to yesterday morning. I thought I'd run in it too just because it was cheap and I was there anyway. So when all was said and done out of the 100 or so folks who showed up for it........I won! After I crossed the line with a good 20-30 yards on 2nd place I was feeling realy good about myself and my result in the first 5K I've ever raced and walked around to cool off while I waited to cheer for Kayla and Susie as they finished. They came in as the first stroller by a long shot and she was even up really far in the women's overall. After Kayla was done our conversation went something like this:

Me: good job
Kayla: thanks
M: I won!
K: Cool, what was your time?
M: I donknow? 19:somthing.
K: Oh...that's a good high school girl's time....

Whhaaaaa-Waaaaaa

Really she is proud of me, but there's nothing like a little off-the-cuff brutal honesty to keep things in perspective.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

At least she was being honest!!!

She is a good gal!!!!

Mama Runner Parker said...

Hey--you forgot to add that I've told you good job a million time, I've told you a win is a win, and I said that running under 20 mintues in your first ever 5k is great. What more do you want? Tell me more about my eyes Kayla...wink wink, I love you.