Friday, October 3, 2008

Roughing it in my own house

The last few weeks have been super crazy, possibly even krazy enough to spell it with a "k"! But fortunatly all this krazyness has been for a good cause, getting our house buoght, modified and moved into (plus for some strange reason my new job gets a bit nuts durring potato harvest which is right now).


To recap on some of the most recent adventures:


Closed on our house sometime around the 15thish of September (I really can't remember now) and we got a good deal on a good place. It was way cheaper than anything good we could have gotten in Boise or even Poky for that matter, we stayed well within our budget and the place is awsome. Sofar AF is quite nice too.


The house was in great shape and had alot of brand new remodeling already done (new wiring, plumbing, insulation, most windows) but it needed a couple changes to make it fit our family just right. What would become Susie's room was joined with the main floor bathroom so we decided to build a wall with a door to split things up. And I needed to do some wiring to make way for an eventual dishwasher and to convert a built-in book case into a nice spot for my new TV.

The wiring went mostly smooth, took forever to fish the wires to where I needed them and I only got juiced once.


The wall was quite the ordeal of its own. Kayla's dad was in town when I started so he was a huge help it getting it framed and most of the dry wall up. From there I still had the finishing and hanging the door to do after work and on one weekend when Kayla was in Boise for the Women's Fitness Celebration. That Sunday night I decided to do a bunch of work and just stay the night at the house on our air matress..... When I showed up I realized I forgot my pillow (I'm very picky about my pillows) so I was a bit worried but not too bad. Then I worked my tail off untill about midnight and decided to go get the air matress ready. Only then did I discover that the air matress was missing the drain plug. So I suddenly realized I had no pillow, no matress, the whole house has hard-wood floors and I was way too tired to safley make the drive back to my bed in Poky.... I ended up dragging a roll of carpet pad up from the basement to go with a nasty set of cusions off the lawn funiture the seller left us (where she would sit to drink and smoke). I slept like crap and between then and now has been one long string of working at my job, working on the house, fighting off being sick and not having time to sleep.


But in the end... we're loving our house and all the projects seem to have turned out nicely.


Since all posts are better with a pic, here's a random shot of me and my wall.

No comments: