Saturday, March 28, 2009

Time to get older and buy a new bike.

I havn't been doing much in writting on this thing lately but, oh well. It's not even that I've been crazy busy or that nothing is going on, just havn't felt like comming on to play.


So I had a birthday a week or so ago and got another step closer to the big "3 oh" (that's when I'll have to start feeling old). Kayla was great and still made me a cake and got me a small present even though I had just recently blown a ton of our $$ on buying myself a new bike.


I'm too lazy to go into the other room and snap a photo of the actual thing right now, so here's the shot from Trek's web site instead. True it's not mirror polished from head to toe like my last bike but hey, we all have to make sacrifices these days right? I've had the bike for nearly a month I think and it has been awsome. Way lighter, way smoother and handles just as nice as the shinny brick I've ridden for the last few years.

Next week I'll get to take the new rig out and see how it likes racing when I venture back to Boise to race the Birds of Prey RR. With th weather so nasty here and no one to get out and ride with, my training has suffered for sure, so my race goals are pretty basic (like hang with the pack long enough to say hi to a few bike pals and then pound myself into submission chasing the tail end of the group).

1 comment:

Matt Weyen said...

the big 3 uh O is not to be mentioned. I am nearing it as I type this as well! Just a little over 5 months left of not being old for this almost old guy.