Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ready to Rock!......(maybe,......I hope)

For a while now Kayla and I have had Sept. 19th marked on our calander for the marathon we're running, and that day sure does have a tendancy to keep getting closer and closer.
We've been running ridiculous amounts and things seem to be going well for it. I'm at least ready enough that I know I can finish the whole distance, now the question is if I'll be able to pull off my original goal of not only finishing but running it fast.
We started with a goal of going to Boston next year and picked a one-way downhill course to give us a better chance at hitting the qualifying times. The more long runs I've done the more I've given up on myself being able to qualify but I still think Kayla will be able to pull it off (I think I'm ok with going to Boston just to watch, much less painfull). After reviewing the course profile I'm thinking of changing my footwear choice from my Nikes to something else...
I bet they're cheaper than EPO and only slightly more detecable!

Whatever happens I'm thinking that come 7:00am on Saturday the hardest parts of the whole expience will already be over (training runs, guilt trips from Kayla for eating too much junk and most difficult of all waking up at some crazy hour Saturday morning to catch the bus to take us up the canyon to the start line!).
Now to end the post, a real marathon training souvenir...

Yep, thats whats left of a blister that at one time covered a good portion of the inside of my right foot! Nice and leathery now.




1 comment:

Mama Runner Parker said...

that is sooooo gross...I'm a little embaressed you're mine right now.