Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Change is in the air

I don't think anyone at my current job has ever read this blog, so I'm betting I'm save to talk about this... It's looking like the Steve-O Parker family is gonna be moving soon, the only question now is how far are we gonna go. I've been interviewing at a couple places and things seem to be working out. One of the places is a potato harvester manufacturer in American Falls, ID; the job is none too glamorus but it is a good one with alot of cool engineering work to be done (as opposed to my current job where I'm not really alowed to be an engineer who thinks). That job just called me this afternoon is now on the table as a real offer. Because of gas prices and since we just rent now, if I take that job we'd move out to AF where we'd buy a house and become real certified adults (I fugure parent + homeowner finaly merits that advancement).

The other possibility....This weekend I'm being flown out to Minneapolis to have a final round interview with QBP (check out www.qbp.com and www.salsacycles.com). The job is a product design and development engineer working with Salsa and a few other brands owned by QBP. Basicly from what I know of the possition it's my dream job, exactly what I had in mind when I was suffering through those years of my engineering degree: designing bikes, building/riding prototypes, hanging around with other bike dorks all day-every day and even getting paid for it.

Monday evening after the QBP interview I should know alot more about what the furure holds for me and my little family. Even if I get the offer in Minnesoda, all of Kayla and I's talk sofar has been purely hypothetical, so there's still alot of thinking and praying to be done no matter what the outcome is. just wish me luck.

No comments: