Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Idaho it is

We'll... I had a great trip over to Minneapolis to have my interview with QBP. It went well but according to the news they had for me yesterday it sounds like it went even better for one other candiate. So I've accepted the job in American Falls and will be starting there as soon as I'm done serving out my last 3 weeks here at VTC.
I'm excited for my new job since I'll be able to do a ton of real engineering work as opposed to my current job that could really be done by a draftsman. And staying in Idaho closer to family will be really nice too.
Kayla and I loaded up Susie last night and drove around AF a bit to check it out. We are for sure looking to buy a house and will probably do so out there to save money and time on the daily commute. We spotted a couple places that look good that we will be trying to get inside soon with a realator to check them over more.
Aside from all that, in the more important world of bike racing :) This weekend is the Twilight Crit in Boise. I skipped it last year and this year I've been demoted. Or more like the race was promoted, the main event is planned to be a bigger race in the national calender than in previous years so they changed it to Pro/1 only and since I'm only a lowly cat 2 racer I've been pushed out of the big one. That's a bummer but on the other hand it will be nice to have a lower level race that I can have a shot at doing well in instead of the big one where I just raced it to be there (and hang on for the finish). Hopefuly I can put in a respectable ride, my training has been slacking and last Tuesday I was feeling so bad I got dropped big time in a group ride that I can usualy hand out some major punishment in. With any luck that was just a lingering weakness left over from the 4th of July 10K run where Kayla stomoped me :(

1 comment:

Matt Weyen said...

Good luck in AF! Hope you still come around once in a while for some racing over here... 4hrs though is a long ways.